Most of our furry friends (yes, even the couch potatoes) are extremely mobile. Orthopedic conditions are one of the most common reasons why they visit the vet. Fortunately, we are experts in treatments for diseases and injuries related to their skeletal structure. If your pet ever experiences a break, fracture, sprain or other injury, please don’t hesitate to call us at 905-438-0664.
What are the most common orthopedic issues in dogs?
In our experience, canine pals typically suffer from:
- Hip Dysplasia (when their hip joints rub together, causing pain and loss of function)
- Intervertebral Disc Disease (abnormalities in their spine)
- Torn Cruciate Ligament (caused by overuse and/or injury)
- Luxated Patella (aka dislocated knees; most common in smaller dog breeds)
What are the most common orthopedic issues in cats?
Just like their canine pals, cats can suffer from a wide range of orthopedic problems. Some of them are minor, while others can cause serious harm to their overall wellbeing.
- Degenerative Joint Disease (most common in older cats)
- Hip Dysplasia (usually seen in pure bred cats)
- Tendon Contracture (twisted feet causes them to walk on their wrists/ankles)